It hasn’t changed much since I was taught as a kid that good work is fun
work, even if it’s hard or takes a long time to learn or finish.
Likewise with web-design – I enjoy it, I learn from the web-site material I choose, and hope somebody will read it
and get the same kick out of it like I did.
I wrote a mandate for my website last Thursday, October 21 2004.
My Motto ~ “
Creative expression is a lifestyle, not just a job
I used the concepts in literature with a positive twist, exchanging the
word “versus” to “with”. Consider a default/given/understood premise
that any reference to gender:
Personal Aims ~ “Man with Himself”
- Fill your own cup until your heart is full.
- Spend quality time with those whose generosity of spirit waters your
- Learning creative expression as a lifestyle, share our joy as we learn
to receive it, thus creating a dynamic community.
Relationship Goals ~ “Man with Man”
- Harness our survivor instinct by developing ability to use our logic
with our intuition in an adaptive dynamic.
- Embrace faith that Good is bigger and mightier than Bad in the
Universe and in Humanity.
- Trust enough to let go long enough to feel, to find pleasure in our
original nature, and to embrace its strengths and vulnerabilities.
Love our Self enough to lick our wounds and heal that we might treat
ourselves more holistically as one mind-body-spirit, allowing us to live
with increasing integrity, and enjoy being ever more integrated, whole,
Long-term Objectives: “Man with Nature”
- Closer, more egalitarian friendships dignify and honors our Selves —
the desire to fill our own cup allows us to give out of plenty without
forsaking our personal needs and boundaries — opening us to new
depths of passion and wisdom.
- The compulsion to feel superior, to judge others and which keeps us
separate, alone falls away as we see that we are all imperfect and
we all carry a blessed flame sourced by the One Divine.
- Defending our cultures, creeds and origins falls away as we see our
communion as a family fueled by One Energy, and we feel free to
appreciate and take pleasure in the uniqueness, various qualities in
other people, other peoples.
- Using the light we know is in all, we feel ever enthusiastic engaging
in making joyful music, dance and celebrating our communion of
Spirit as a community of blessed individuals.
A creative, joyful daily life leads to pleasurable relationships, passion for
creative expression, and promotes group dynamics to unify peaceful
resolutions in the community, in the world.
Our pleasure in creating beautiful music wherever we go is the Key that
unlocks the secret to the ongoing genesis toward dynamic peace.
Trust your voice to breathe in new life, freeing your heart to hear the One Language, Music
Intuition & Logic
Wisdom & Truth
Faith & Natural Law
I saw the need to put this subject in much later. For me it’s the surest way
to make sense of things. We need to use both to make a cake and to write
the truth. I grew up thinking logic could solve any problem. My life got so
unruly and unbelievable it a mystery I could not wrap my mind around.
Learn to think of these two skills as left and right hands ~ to make a cake,
carry something heavy, and to write the truth.
Our hunger for harmony draws us to
Music, the One Wisdom
that heals, makes holy, integrates mind, body, spirit.
The unique Way each of us creates simple pleasures in daily life answers
the Call of One Voice
Let go and trust the passion for beauty filling all our veins with the
Same One Song
The Comforter Spirit empassions us to trust there’s a Divine flame in the
hearts of the humble and exalted alike that joins us in One Communion,
to feel that searing serenity we all long to have in common, a reason to
make a ring
~ and Sing and Dance and Celebrate ~
amiCreative ~ “love makes joy”
The unique Way each of us creates
simple pleasures in daily life answers
the Call of One Voice
If you were to picture our group they would be
holding hands with gentle smiles…
Welcome to amiCreative
When they chose to risk looking for that Good Spark
in other folks,
they learned that others warmed up to them, too.
Feeling up-beat came easy as one found the other
Just being together was comforting and before they knew it, they were looking at each other with warm, generous grins.
Curiosity aroused everybody to find out why their oddly dressed
friends took their exotic ways to be normal.
Precious rings and family belts and sacred beads were honored
An awe hushed them all as they looked up and saw each other as sister and brother, a family forgotten, now familiar.
One grabbed the other’s bejewelled and beaded hand until they made a circle.
They began singing a “Kumbaya” song
unlike one you ever heard – one voice
made of many languages. One wave of people
who shared a remembered link,
joined in the trusty care of one Glorious Universe.
This is the end of the story. Care to know the rest? You may already know…
…and spend some time with us,
whether you enjoy good Music,
like being artistic,
or want to learn something different and exciting
…in your own language,
or about somebody else’s culture…
Look-see my Creativity pages:
- Creative Juices simmer the similes & saute the metaphors
- Art :: Beauty Expressed
- Tickle, Magic, Funnybone
- For everything, there’s a first.
- Flick Schtick
- Genius and Creativity
- Aesop’s Fables
- Alfred Hitchcock :: Genius At Work
- Introduction to the Beat Generation
- Fairy Tales, Happy Endings
- A Salute to Homemakers
- Leonardo DaVinci
- edge e-Media
- Understanding Poetry
- Writing :: the Craft
- Genius and Creativity Imagination, Eccentricity, Insanity
Intuition & Logic
Wisdom & Truth
Faith & Natural Law
“Believe in Joy”
I saw the need to put this subject in
much later. For me it’s the surest way
to make sense of things. We need to
use both to make a cake and to write
I grew up thinking logic could solve
any problem. My life got so unruly and
unbelievable it became a mystery I could not
wrap my mind around.
Learn to think and feel as if they were
left and right hands ~ whether you are
making a cake,
or seeking beauty and truth.
Remember, logic and intuition in the right combination, along with ethical judgment will lead the pursuit of beauty and truth to wisdom.
- Faith and the Intuitive Arts
- Fire, Earth, Air, Water…and Oil?
- Like a Long, Lost Friend
- The Bible as Literature
- The Whole Shebang ~ An Introduction to Cosmology
- Buddhism in Everyday Life
- The Secret of the Golden Flower
- Jesus, Inc~ Doing Well by Doing Right
- Being Jewish in Today’s World
- Freedom Fighters
- Rebels Is Witches
- Reconcile and Forgive
MOONLIT FIELDS, ONCE BABYLON, ARE BLOOMING WHITE
Rewards coming through from efforts of past generations. The feeling of ancestors surrounding one’s present deeds. Seeds of the past becoming the fruits of the present. The middle east and the fruits of the culture.
The Caution: Destroying the old because of religious beliefs or greed. Projecting the sins of the world onto people or places that are foreign.
An Affirmation for this degree:
New fields of Divine activity now open for me and these fields are white with harvest.
~ Florence Scovel Shinn
Religion, from wikipedia
Religion is a set of variously organized beliefs about the relationship between natural and supernatural aspects of reality, and the role of humans in this relationship. While religion is difficult to define, one standard model of religion, used in religious studies courses, was proposed by Clifford Geertz, who simply called it a “cultural system”. A critique of Geertz’s model by Talal Asad categorized religion as “an anthropological category.”. Many religions have narratives, symbols, and sacred histories that are intended to explain the meaning of life and/or to explain the origin of life or the Universe. From their beliefs about the cosmos and human nature, people derive morality, ethics, religious laws or a preferred lifestyle. According to some estimates, there are roughly 4,200 religions in the world.
Many religions may have organized behaviors, clergy, a definition of what constitutes adherence or membership, holy places, and scriptures. The practice of a religion may also include rituals, sermons, commemoration or veneration of a deity, gods or goddesses, sacrifices, festivals, feasts, trance, initiations, funerary services, matrimonial services, meditation, prayer, music, art, dance, public service or other aspects of human culture. Religions may also contain mythology.
Religious activities around the world
The word religion is sometimes used interchangeably with faith, belief system or sometimes set of duties; however, in the words of Émile Durkheim, religion differs from private belief in that it is “something eminently social”. A global 2012 poll reports that 59% of the world’s population is religious, and 36% are not religious, including 13% who are atheists, with a 9 percent decrease in religious belief from 2005. On average, women are more religious than men. Some people follow multiple religions or multiple religious principles at the same time, regardless of whether or not the religious principles they follow traditionally allow for syncretism.
- Religion Statistics from UCB Libraries GovPubs
- Religion at DMOZ
- Major Religions of the World Ranked by Number of Adherents by Adherents.com August 2005
- IACSR – International Association for the Cognitive Science of Religion
- Studying Religion – Introduction to the methods and scholars of the academic study of religion
- A Contribution to the Critique of Hegel’s Philosophy of Right – Marx’s original reference to religion as the opium of the people.
- The Complexity of Religion and the Definition of “Religion” in International Law Harvard Human Rights Journal article from the President and Fellows of Harvard College(2003)
- The Big Religion Chart detailed facts on major religions
Be at Peace ~ “Comfort ‘n’ Joy”
The Comforter Spirit impassions us to trust
there’s a Divine flame in the hearts of the
humble and exalted alike that joins us in One
to feel that searing serenity we all long to have in common,
a reason to make a ring…and
Sing and Dance and Celebrate.
- What if every day were a holiday?
- Hey, Sir!
- We, the North, Canada proud, free, snowy
- Humanity Husbands Goddess Earth We are but stewards to Gaia
- Bullet…or, Lead Balloon?
- Freedom Fighters SeekEquality
- Food Security ~ Promise or Conflict?
- Erma Bombeck Explains
- Hockey = Team-Spirit = Canada
- Holly Go’Litely
- The ”I Love Lucy” Show
- Jimmy Carter
- Like a Long, Lost Friend
- Celebrate Martin Luther King
- My Wish List
- Pierre Eliott Trudeau
- Venus Dovetails Beauty
- Visionaries Discuss a Better America
- Ti + Yo = Manuel
The Divine Comforter calls
from within each of our hearts
to share One Peace,
& to join hands in
Comfort + Joy = Peace
“Sharing Joy”~ Let harmony fill your veins
The House of 1000 Mirrors
Long ago, in a distant village there was a place knownas The House of 1000
Mirrors. A happy, little dog learned of this house and decided to visit. When he arrived, he hopped up the stairs. He looked through the door with his ears perked & his tail wagging merrily.
He smiled a big smile & was answered with 1000 big
smiles, just as warm & friendly. He hopped away
thinking to himself, “This is a warm & friendly place.
want to come back to visit often.”
In the very same village another little dog, who was
not quite as happy decided to visit the house. He
climbed up the stairs & hung his head low as he looked into the door. He saw
1000 unfriendly looking dogs staring back at him.
When he growled at them, he was horrified to see the
1000 little dogs growling right back. He left thinking to himself, “That is a horrible place and I will never go
back there again.”
All the faces in this world are mirrors. What
reflections do you see in the faces of the people you
~ Japanese Folk-tale
- Various Odds and Sods
- Feng Shui for Your Home
- Time-Out ~ Keep It Simple, Smart-Guy!
- The Other 90%: Unlock Your Vast Untapped Potential
- Improving Communication Skills —-> Say What You Mean
- How to Find Your Perfect Career
- Business Etiquette
- MagicVitality in a BeanShell, by ”projectSOY”
- Heart is Where My Homeland Is
- Best Friends Forever?
- Laughter and the Medicinal Value of Mirth
- My Beast Friends
- Alternative Health Practices
- Total Memory Workout
- Organizing from the Inside Out
- Yoga for Novices
- Your Home Spa
- Dying of Embarrassment
- When I Retire I’m Gonna…
- Grace in Dying
the curse of being a chronic survivor ~ “Durability Disorder”
before scripture, before word-of-mouth…Music
If –> Music is the Breath that is Life
Then –> Music is “A Hum Shared”
Therefore –> 1= M-mmm
space & time…
Beauty & Wisdom
Trust your Voice
to breathe in new life ~
freeing your heart to hear
- Billie Holiday :: First Lady of Jazz
- Introduction to Classical Music
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart :: Genius at Work
- Louis Armstrong’s Jazzamatazz It’s all about the jam
- Jazz ~ a History of America’s Music
- Venus Dovetails Beauty
- Learn to Play Guitar
- Music and Therapy